Seniors who have completed ALL graduation (course and credit) requirements and are scheduled to graduate in the spring may, at the discretion of each teacher, be eligible for exemption from spring final semester exams if they:
- have successfully completed year-long A.P. courses and have earned at least a B (minimum 85 average) for both the first semester AND second semester grades
- have earned an A (minimum 93 average) (in any course Honors or College Prep) for both the mid-semester AND semester grades
ALL OTHER SENIORS ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE FINAL EXAMS
Students with “senior status” who still have course/credit requirements to complete in order to fulfill diploma requirements are NOT eligible for exemption from final semester exams in any course, including A.P. courses. Students should note that exemption from final exams DOES NOT exempt students from final papers, projects or other assignments that may be required for course completion.
- exemption from a final semester exam is based on “A” level performance for the required course work (please note: given that A.P. courses are weighted, a minimum of “B” level work is required)
- students MAY NOT do extra credit work to improve their grades in order to earn exemption
- teachers may elect not to exempt even qualified students from final/semester exams
- students who have not earned an A for a mid-semester grade, are automatically ineligible for exemption
- juniors enrolled in A.P. courses, who meet the criteria, may also be eligible for exemption from the final exam.
- students who take the A.P. exam are NOT automatically exempt from the final semester exam of the course, regardless of their grade in the course.
Exemptions are declared the last week of school.