At Newman, our focus is on the academic and personal development of each student. However, the resources and tools we make available to provide students with an outstanding education are not in their hands, they are in yours – parents, alumni, grandparents, friends, and alumni parents.
As an independent school, the cost of providing a high-quality education increases every year. Tuition defrays only a portion of our expenses. The gap between the tuition a family pays, and the actual cost of educating a student must be made up from other resources, such as gifts to the Newman Fund.
What projects and programs are supported by the Newman Fund?
The Newman Fund provides critical support to the school’s operating budget by offsetting expenses not covered by tuition. Your generous contributions help us:
- Provide financial aid and scholarship awards to talented and deserving students - Our goal to increase endowment for financial aid and scholarship awards speaks to the school’s commitment to provide every student with the opportunity to attend Newman and to ensure a talented and diverse student body.
- Enhance and strengthen our academic programs - The Newman School fosters the development of the whole student. With support from The Newman Fund, the school provides an academically rigorous curriculum that includes math and science courses as well as the arts, athletics, extracurricular activities and community service opportunities.
- Attract and retain top-notch faculty – Our faculty are graduates of some of the most prestigious educational institutions including: Harvard University, Yale University, Boston College, Bucknell University, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. With your help, we can continue to offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits so we can continue to attract the best and brightest teachers.
- Stay current with instructional technology –We are committed to providing cutting edge technology and instruction so that our students are fully prepared to interact in an ever-increasing global society.
- Maintain our physical plant – One of the hallmarks of The Newman School is its historic townhouse setting located in the beautiful Back Bay. Newman is committed to preserving its heritage while providing students, faculty and staff with all the modern amenities that help our students learn and foster a strong sense of community. With your financial support, we can keep pace with the maintenance and upkeep of this splendid building.
Please remember that your participation in the Newman Fund is just as important as the amount of your gift. Together, your generosity can make a powerful difference in the lives of the students we serve and ensure a strong future for the school.